Tuesday, January 29, 2013

150 + Prayers from all over the U.S.!

God is good and God answers prayers!!  Since my last post we have received just under $3000 in gifts and have sold another 46 necklaces!!!!  That almost $4000 in just 2 days!!!  It is unbelievable how many people God has nudged to help us bring home our girls!!  We have sold lots of necklaces in Bozeman and Billings but in addition we have sent them to TN, KS, WA, IN, MO, MD, VA, IL. 

More than the money, I am so excited to know that there are over 150 people praying for our girls!!!
I know I have shared in the past that one of my favorite books is Kisses From Katie.  I may end up quoting her entire book on our blog so you may not ever have to read the book :)  Had to share this:

"People are people.  They all need food and water and medicine but mostly they need love and truth and Jesus.  I can do that.  We can do that.  We can give people food, water, medicine, love, truth, and Jesus.  The same God created all of us for a purpose, which is to serve Him and to love and care for His people.  It is universal.  We can't do in in our own strength or out of our own resources, but as we follow God to wherever He is leading us, He makes the impossible happen."

Our situation IS impossible in our strength...all of it!  Coming up with $60K in just a few short months, adding 4 more small children to our current family of 8!  It all seems impossible and it all seems crazy.  However, when you think about life remembering this life is about God and others and the "others" are whoever God leads you to love and show Jesus.  For us, God has made it clear that we are to care for these precious kiddos but it may not look the same for you. 

"Sometimes, the everyday routine of my life feels so normal to me.  At other times the idea of raising all these children seems like quite a daunting task.  I realize that since I have chosen an unusual path it is  easier for outsiders to look at my life and come to the conclusion that it is something extraordinary.  That I am courageous.  That I am strong.  That I am special!  But I am just a plain girl from Tennessee.  Broken in many ways, sinful, and inadequate.  Common and simple with nothing special about me.  Nothing special except I choose to say "yes".  "Yes" to the things God asks of me and "yes" to the people He places in front of me.  You can too.  I am just an ordinary person.  An ordinary person serving an extraordinary God." 

Another quote from Kisses from Katie.  I love her heart and her passion for God and others. 

Thank-you SO much to everyone who has helped us.  Thank-you for saying "yes" to helping us bring these 4 sweet girls into our family.  I cannot wait to tell them everyday for the rest of their lives how much Jesus loves them and how much you and I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.