Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Wild Trust
Our dossier is translated and in the DRC!!! We now wait for our court date when the DRC government will determine they are orphans and they will legally become our daughters. At that time, the US Embassy will do their investigation and make sure they agree that they truly are orphans, then they will prepare their VISA's so they can come home! Sounds like a pretty easy process however, they still expect it to take at least 6-9 months :( Such a bummer! Please pray that it goes faster than expected and that we can bring our little girls home!!!
I just read a book called "Outrageous Courage". It is about a lady named Tracy Evans, a physicians assistant that lived in Mozambique. She cared for 900 HIV + orphans and even treated the rebel guerillas when they held her captive.
The eighth chapter is so fantastic, I just had to share! It is entitled Wild Trust and this is what it says:
"One thing that has been true of my relationship with Christ in every season is that He loves to invite me to step out and take some outrageous leap of faith into the unknown with Him. I have become convinced that risk is God's love language. Like a father playing with a child, the Lord loves to throw me up in the air just to prove that He will always be there to catch me. Over the years, the risk taking lifestyle has forged a firm foundation of confidence in my heart. No matter how impossible or unlikely the circumstances appear, when God asks me to jump, I do not have to wonder, I know His arms are waiting."
Isn't that fantastic?!?! I want to live my life taking risks for Christ. I don't want to live my life working towards the "American dream"- whatever that is...a nicer house, car, stuff and things...
I had a friend ask me the other day if I'm worried that the girls will have attachment disorders or other medical issues. The quote from the book is such a perfect response! We do NOT know what the girls struggles will be. We do know that whatever they are, all He is asking us to do today is keep taking one step forward and trusting that HE-the one who loves us ALL more than we can fathom- is in control! What outrageous leap of faith into the unknown is God asking you to take today??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.