"Dear Mr. and Mrs. Hopkins,
Please be advised that your visa interview appointments were missed today, and that we have rescheduled the interviews forAugust 21, 2013 at 9:00 am."
We had no idea what this meant or why the girls appointment was missed so I forwarded it to our case manager and waited for an email or a phone call. I sobbed all day! I didn't know for sure what had happened but I was certain it was a setback. Finally, that evening, I got a call from our case manager, she explained there had been some miscommunication between the incountry staff and that the girls did not get taken to their appointment.
As devastated as I was to hear the news, I was SO impressed with our agency! That may sound strange but our amazing case manager thoroughly explained the whole situation to me. She shared how devastated she was that they could make an error like that. I sobbed and listened and then she paused and waited. Finally she said "ok, let me have it" I actually giggled through my tears. This amazing lady was wanting me to yell at her for something she had absolutely no control over!!! There was no way I was going to yell at her and I told her as much. I told her if I were a perfect human being that had never made any mistakes or if I had never had anyone working for me that had made mistakes, I think I would have let her have it! :) However, neither are true so instead I told her how amazing she was and that I knew for certain none of the staff here and none of the in country staff would ever do anything like this on purpose. I sincerely believe they love our girls and I believe with all of me they want to see them home in our family almost as much as we do!!
So, we have spent the last few days trying to decide if we should postpone our trip or go ahead and go, knowing we could be in country much longer than we had planned. I also learned that changeable tickets are way more expensive than just the fee that you pay to change each ticket. If there is a price increase, you also pay the difference. Changing our tickets would pretty much be flushing a couple thousand dollars down the toilet. So, we prayed and asked for godly counsel and we decided to go ahead and go. Would you PLEASE PRAY that God will miraculously redeem this whole situation?!? And if He chooses not to, that He will coordinate all the other details for our kids here starting school and all of Brian's work trips. Please continue to pray for our finances, if we don't come home on the planned date, we will have to pay to change tickets AND several more nights in the hotel and food. I believe that God is going to do something very cool, and that is our prayer, that HE will be glorified!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.